Is your organization helping Nurse Practitioners reach their full potential? Join us at NAPNAP 2018 as we identify and discuss three scope-of-practice barriers facing NPs at America’s Children’s Hospitals.
In today’s healthcare environment, hospitals are challenged to improve patient outcomes, boost productivity, and increase staff retention. As we discussed in October, hospitals that effectively support and utilize their Advanced Practice Providers (APRNs and PAs) are more likely to realize these goals.
Advanced Practice Leaders from across the nation are taking a hard look at scope-of-practice within their own organizations. Just last year, Melnic sponsored a survey of more than 650 Advanced Practice Providers at five leading Children’s Hospitals. Together with this cadre of experts, we’ve analyzed more than 25 aspects of the NP scope to assess the extent to which NPs are practicing “top-of-license.”
NAPNAP Workshop: How to Evaluate NP Role vs. Scope of Practice
The findings of this research will be presented at the 39th National NAPNAP Conference in Chicago. Join us on Wednesday, March 21 at 1:40 PM for Session 317: Scope, Role, Are You Underutilized? How to Evaluate NP role vs. Scope of Practice.
Melnic President, Jill Gilliland, and a panel of dynamic Advanced Practice Leaders will discuss scope of practice and utilization of Nurse Practitioners nationwide, including the three barriers all hospitals face. Learn from the experiences of five different organizations to better understand wide role and utilization variations in healthcare today.
This session will also feature an interactive scope-of-practice survey with real-time reporting. Gain insight into the scope-of-practice limitations in your own role as an NP and consider ways your organization can more fully utilize its Advanced Practice staff.
Realizing Full Scope of Practice in Your Role, at Your Organization
We hope you’ll join us in-person at NAPNAP. But, even if you can’t make it to the conference, we want to support your career development.
To receive our NAPNAP workshop summary regarding NP scope of practice, please complete the form below.
Sign Up to Get the Workshop Synopsis
This Week’s Top Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Our Melnic jobs board has NNP positions at some of the country’s leading hospitals. If you are an NNP who is considering a change, take a look at some of these great job openings!
- Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, California has a great opportunity for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Care for critically ill newborns and premature infants at this leading academic children’s hospital with an 84 bed, Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- A Neonatal Nurse Practitioner is needed to join an outstanding team of pediatric specialists in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit of Valley Children’s Hospital in Madera, California.
- Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, California has several great opportunities for experienced Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to work in a PRN role at its community hospital locations.
- In Chicago Illinois, Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in the NICU. Provide direct family-centered care for critically ill medical/surgical premature and newborn infants up to one year of age as part of the team in a cutting-edge, 44 bed Level III/IV unit.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital is seeking a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to work in its Level III/IV 90 bed state-of-the-art NICU and provide direct patient care and treatment for acute, critically ill and complex newborns.
Review our list of neonatal nurse practitioner jobs, then contact us today!
Jill Gilliland is President of Melnic an APRN and PA national recruiting company. Jill is a speaker and publicist on areas such as job strategies, branding and marketing, pediatric critical care needs, and additional topics relevant to pediatric nursing and the recruitment business. She has over 12 years of experience in the recruiting industry coupled with a strong sales, healthcare, and technology background. Jill holds a BS degree in Business from the University of Southern California and an MBA from The University of Virginia, Darden Business School. Connect with Jill Gilliland on LinkedIn.