Pediatric Critical Care Workshop 2020 For AC-PNPs and PAs
June 10 - June 12
Pediatric Critical Care Workshop
This three-day pediatric critical care course, offered by Children’s Health, is designed to provide Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants cutting edge knowledge regarding issues such as sepsis and shock management, cardiac emergencies, hematology/oncology issues, neurologic and respiratory conditions, ventilator management, and an introduction to extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). Special content will include a multi-professional panel discussion related to difficult conversations in the pediatric critical care setting. The course provides educational content through both didactic lectures and hands-on, high fidelity simulation sessions.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of conditions commonly cared for in pediatric critical care
- Demonstrate sound clinical approaches to differentiate non-urgent and emergent situations in the critical care setting
- Verbalize plans of care to address emergency situations in the critical care setting
- Apply skills to manage the care of patients in a simulated critical care setting and demonstrate effective communication during these settings
- Identify common difficult conversations that may occur in pediatric critical care and discuss identified skills to guide successful communication in these situations
Who Should Attend
This content has been designed for nurse practitioner and physician assistant students approaching graduation or who have recently graduated, and experienced nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are interested in pursuing practice in a pediatric critical care environment.
If you are looking for Pediatric Critical Care AC-PNP or PA jobs, visit: Jobs.Melnic.com