- This event has passed.
Children’s Health Advanced Practice Pediatric Critical Care Workshop
June 12 - June 14
Registration is open for the Advanced Practice Pediatric Critical Care Workshop, sponsored by Children’s Health.
This is an incredibly valuable 2.5 day course for nurse practitioner and physician assistant students and recent graduates. It is also suited to experienced nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are interested in pursuing practice in a pediatric critical care environment.
Gain cutting edge knowledge regarding critical care issues such as sepsis and shock management, hematology/oncology issues, respiratory and neurologic emergencies, ventilator management, and an introduction to ECMO. Special content will include a multiprofessional panel discussion related to difficult conversations in the pediatric critical care setting. The course provides educational content through both didactic lectures and hands-on simulation sessions.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of conditions commonly cared for in pediatric critical care.
- Demonstrate sound clinical approaches to differentiate non-urgent and emergent situations in the critical care setting.
- Verbalize plans of care to address emergency situations in the critical care setting.
- Apply skills to manage the care of patients in a simulated critical care setting
- Identify difficult conversation topics that are common in pediatric critical care, and discuss identified skills to guide successful communication related to difficult conversations.
Register today! Space is limited. Early Bird discounts end March 31, 2019.
Melnic Critical Care Student Scholarship!
Melnic is awarding three Critical Care Student Scholarships to support the education of pediatric-focused nurse practitioner or physician assistants who will graduate in 2019.
This award provides a $325 educational grant to attend the 2019 Children’s Health Advanced Practice Pediatric Critical Care Workshop.
To apply, please complete the form below, upload your resume, and provide a brief statement describing how participation in the workshop will promote your professional development. Deadline for application is March 31, 2019.