Now our best job search tips for New NP grads are available in a free eBook! Learn the strategies that have helped thousands of Nurse Practitioners find a fulfilling job after graduation.
As a new nurse practitioner, it’s common to feel a mix of excitement and anxiety as you take on a new scope of practice. The last several months before graduation can be incredibly stressful. You have a lot to think about as you finish your program and begin a job search.
It helps to view this transition as an extension of your nursing school education. When you see your first NP job as a learning experience, you’ll be setting yourself up for a more fulfilling career.
We specialize in helping new NPs find great jobs after graduation. We also believe your first NP job is more important than most people realize. That’s why we created our Guidebook to Starting a Nurse Practitioner Career.
This free resource will help you write a strong NP resume, master your job interview, know if a job is right for you, and more!
Expert Advice on Finding an NP Job That Fits
With so many opportunities available to Nurse Practitioners today, finding the perfect job to ease your transition to practice can be a challenge. The same care you put into your schooling should go into finding your first job.
We explain how to:
- Finish Your Nurse Practitioner Program Strong – The effort you put in during your NP program will pay dividends once you’re employed.
- Clarify Your Vision of the Ideal Work Environment – This will lead to greater career satisfaction, plus help you stand out to top employers.
- Write a Great NP Resume – Because a resume that is concise, well-organized, and focused stands out for all the right reasons.
- Prepare for Any Interview Challenge – Learn to walk out of an interview with even more confidence than you had walking in.
- Understand Full Practice Authority – Because understanding the scope of practice allowable in the state and hospital system in which you practice will help you reach your full potential.
Job Satisfaction is More than Just a Great Title
A truly satisfying job will support your career development, allow you to practice to the full extent of your capabilities, and help you achieve your desired quality-of-life.
Melnic is a nationwide search firm focused on Advanced Practice placements for APRNs and PAs. Take advantage of our specialized job matching services; create your free Melnic Profile. The best part? There is never a fee for candidates to work with us!
Jill Gilliland is President of Melnic an APRN and PA national recruiting company. Jill is a speaker and publicist on areas such as job strategies, branding and marketing, pediatric critical care needs, and additional topics relevant to pediatric nursing and the recruitment business. She has over 12 years of experience in the recruiting industry coupled with a strong sales, healthcare, and technology background. Jill holds a BS degree in Business from the University of Southern California and an MBA from The University of Virginia, Darden Business School. Connect with Jill Gilliland on LinkedIn.