Navigating the world of job searching can be time-consuming, how to find the right NP or PA Job. With so many opportunities and a changing landscape, how do you find the right NP or PA job?
Looking for the right NP or PA job? If you’re an APRN or PA, our Melnic Career Navigation services are designed with you in mind!
We work individually with skilled Advanced Practice Providers, supporting you through your job search and identifying environments that align with your specific career goals. If you’re looking for the right job, here are four steps we always recommend.
1 Develop a “recruiter-ready” resume. Hiring managers don’t read resumes, they scan to find the sections and keywords they’re looking for. That’s why it’s important to write your resume for the job you want to have.
We offer free resume resources, personalized coaching, and expert feedback to help you write your resume in a proven format that has been vetted by hiring managers nationwide. Our resume review service is free—whether or not we currently have the perfect job for you! To get started, create your Melnic profile and upload your resume.
2. Match your skills, preferences, and experiences to jobs that are a good fit for this stage in your career. We believe it is not only important that your job role be a good match, but that the environment is a good fit for you as well.
For example, if you prefer to work autonomously, a position at an academic institution may not be the right fit for you. But, it might be perfect for someone who values collaboration and constant learning. Advanced Practice Providers work in many different environments, from community clinics, to regional medical centers, to large teaching hospitals. The opportunities are as diverse as the environments in which you can practice.
There are many pathways to your dream job, and it might take a few different positions to achieve it. If you know where you’d ultimately like your career to go, we’re here to help you navigate the job selection process and make a decision you can feel good about.
3. Get support throughout the interviewing process. Interviewing for an APRN or PA job can be a lengthy and involved process. We help you prepare with free resources, coaching, and scheduling assistance. Our team will foster lines of communication between you and the employer, obtain interview day agendas, coordinate travel, and give you tips to manage the inevitable 10-hour long interview with confidence.
4. Effectively negotiate the terms of your employment contract. An often overlooked key to gaining a satisfactory employment contract is knowing where there is room to negotiate. We know the salary averages for your role and the types of compensation packages that hospitals are offering. In addition to the base pay, you could be eligible for benefits, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, continuing education, licensing and certification, and more. In addition, we know where hiring managers won’t negotiate and can help you evaluate an offer objectively before you accept.
The best part of our Melnic Career Navigation services is that we never charge a fee for candidates to work with us. To get started and join the Melnic Network, click here to create your profile. We’d love to help you find your dream job!
This Week’s Top Advanced Practice Jobs
Our Melnic jobs board has positions at some the country’s leading hospitals. If you are considering a change, take a look at some of these great job openings!
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center has a great opportunity for a PNP AC with cardiac transplant and/or mechanical circulatory support experience to care for adult patients awaiting transplant or requiring long-term MC Support.
- In Madera, California, Valley Children’s Hospital has an NNP NICU position to be responsible for the neonatal and critical care of tiny patients in the 88 bed Level IV NICU.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware has an opening for a PNP AC in the CVICU. Work on the inpatient floor and occasionally in the cardiac outpatient clinic caring for pediatric patients with complex heart conditions and surgeries.
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is seeking an NNP in the NICU to provide leadership and quality specialized patient care for high-risk, critically ill, and premature infants during transfer to the hospital’s NICU in this Minneapolis area hospital.
- In Palo Alto, California, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital has a PNP CVICU position. Join the team in their expanding CVICU to care for complex and high acuity patients, over half of whom are receiving post-operative care following cardiac surgery or transplant.
Jill Gilliland is President of Melnic an APRN and PA national recruiting company. Jill is a speaker and publicist on areas such as job strategies, branding and marketing, pediatric critical care needs, and additional topics relevant to pediatric nursing and the recruitment business. She has over 12 years of experience in the recruiting industry coupled with a strong sales, healthcare, and technology background. Jill holds a BS degree in Business from the University of Southern California and an MBA from The University of Virginia, Darden Business School. Connect with Jill Gilliland on LinkedIn.