One of the most rewarding jobs a Nurse Practitioner can have is that of a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
This career path provides a wide range of responsibilities, from the joy of caring for a healthy newborn to the challenging and stressful job of managing the care of premature, critically ill, or drug-addicted babies or newborns with life-threatening illnesses in need of specialized monitoring and assessment. Some are born prematurely while others have respiratory distress or heart and congenital defects.
Are you familiar with the levels of Neonatal Intensive Care available for newborns, depending on their condition and level of required care?
- Level I Babies who receive healthy newborn postnatal care
- Level II Babies born <32 weeks gestation who do not need intensive care and monitoring and are responding rapidly to Level II care
- Level III Babies who are critically ill and require complex care, monitoring, and life support
- Level IV Babies with severe, complex illnesses and conditions, extremely low birth weight, or those in need of or recovering from surgery or complex procedures. This is the highest level of neonatal care available.
As an NNP, expect to keep up with the constant introduction of new technologies through continuing education and research. This will enable you to provide the most excellent neonatal nursing care available for the tiniest and sickest patients and their families.
Top 5 NNP Jobs for Friday
Are you thinking about making a job change, or are you soon graduating? Let us help you find your dream job! We have many years of experience working with neonatal nurse practitioners and children’s hospitals. Some of our current available positions are:
• CA, Loma Linda | Neonatal Nurse Practitioner | Level IV
Major referral center for premature and other infants with respiratory, cardiac, neurologic surgical conditions
• PA, Pittsburgh | Neonatal Nurse Practitioner | Level III
One of the largest NICUs in the country
• MN, St. Paul | Neonatal Nurse Practitioner | Level III/IV combined
Attend high risk, emergency C-section and premature deliveries; open to new grads
• PA, Philadelphia | Neonatal Nurse Practitioner | Level IV Surgery
High volume of complex surgical neonates from around the world
• FL, St. Petersburg | Neonatal Nurse Practitioner | Level II/III Outlying hospital locations
Wide variety of professional training and development educational opportunities
The AANP National Conference is just around the corner. Will we see you there? If you haven’t registered, you can still take advantage of discounted rates, available until May 15, 2017.
For more upcoming conferences and events click here.
Are you looking for a change in your career? Contact us today to discuss our current job opportunities nationwide!