When you work in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) you learn to be patient with little patients! It isn’t always easy, but seeing a child smile makes it all worthwhile.
A position in the PICU isn’t for everyone. PICU nurse practitioners (NPs), physician assistants (PAs) and clinical nurse specialists (CNSs) need to have a little extra empathy, emotional stability, and sensitivity to care for critically ill or injured children. And that’s not all, in addition to coordinating care with a team of healthcare professionals, they also address the educational and emotional needs of the patient’s family.
Top Jobs in the PICU
Our jobs board has opportunities for Advanced Practice Providers who love children and a challenge. If you are a nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, or physician assistant who is considering a change, we welcome the chance to help you find your dream job!
This week we are featuring five PNP positions at different Children’s Hospitals across the country.
- For a high-tech career opportunity, check out this AC PNP position in Chicago with Lurie Children’s Hospital. In addition to clinical care, this state-of-the-art PICU provides ECMO, specialty ventilation techniques, and transplant services.
- In Ohio, an experienced AC PNP is needed to care for and monitor patients as part of the expert team of Cincinnati Children’s 35- bed PICU.
- Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital has a great opportunity for an AC PNP to provide expert care for patients aged infant to teens, and their families in their 18-bed PICU.
- An experienced AC PNP with previous experience and acute care certification is needed at Children’s Health Dallas, one of the nation’s leading academic children’s hospitals.
- Texas Children’s Hospital in Woodlands is also seeking an AC PNP. This Community hospital location PICU provides care for pediatric patients with acute and chronic conditions.